Warning: Long post ahead, I will not be offended if you just look at the cute pictures! For journaling purposes only!!!
So the trip to Utah started out great! We flew in and my friend Nick came and picked us up from the airport. It was nice to be able to catch up on him and all his latest DRAMA! Here we are on the plane!
We got in pretty late but Chelsey, Stetson, and Koda were all there to greet us! It was so good to see them, and I think Koda was glad to see us again. The million dollar dog with nine lives just got hit by a car a couple of weeks ago so here he is with Tylie and his cast! Poor dog!!!

My mom was still at work, so we stayed up until about midnight visiting with my dad. Who must have been pretty happy to see us because if you know my dad you know that anything after nine is considered a privilege ! So thanks dad it was fun!!! And thanks Chelsey and Stets for waiting up for us!!!
We then went out to Newton to visit Cole's family the next day. It was great to see everyone. We spent the day eating Cole's mom's wonderful cooking. We had ribs, corn on the cob, dutch oven potatoes, fruit, rolls, and lots of other yummy stuff! (No wonder I have lost weight since moving to Las Vegas)! We then went outside and spent the day getting wet in the hot sun! That is Timber with the hose, he thought it was very funny to get us all wet! He is so cute! And here you can see Tylie in her old swim suit that didn't fit her like 3 years ago, so we gave it to Taysie, but she had no suit to wear so she had to fit back into it, and as you can see it was just a little to tight! But she didn't care they had a blast getting Ben wet anyway!


Then after all that fun, Ben went and got his bow, and Skylar got his long bow and they let Teigen shoot at a fake deer. These are the small things I really miss about living in Cache Valley. Teigen got a B.B. gun for Christmas and has only shot it once, so after all that fun Ben took him to Newton Dam and let him shoot some guns. Ben and Skylar are good sports and so good with Teigen!


Even Megan and Amy showed their skills at archery! The kids also got in a good game of ping pong with Grandpa. They love being out here as you can see, there is alot to do in a day!
After the first two days I got soooo stinkin sick! I think thanks to cute little Stetson who was already very sick when we arrived! It was pretty much a bad sinus infection, and even though we still did many fun things, I was pretty miserable the rest of the time! I was able to fit in a lunch with some friends. It is always hard when I go home to fit in everyone I want to see. So I called up some of my peeps and got together for lunch. It was great to see them all, except for the fact I didn't get to see Sasha, because she wasn't in town when we did lunch and then when she came I was to sick! So sorry Sasha, next time I promise! We had a nice lunch together.
Before I got to sick I helped my mom plant all her flowers which is an all day event! This is not all of them but it gives you the idea. I was glad I was able to help her a little before I got to sick! It think she was too!
Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of Chelsey, because she was busy studying for school and then taking care of her sick baby! And he was so sick it broke my heart!!!
I was able to go shopping and get me some goods at Hobby Lobby, and DownEast Outfitters. Hobby Lobby is new in Logan, it reminded me a little of Tai Pan. But nothing quite measures up to that store in my book! I did get me some cute things, and the sign that says Griffin is from my cute friend Margo! She always makes me the best things for my house! And every time I go to Logan I have to stock up on tanks from DownEast! Love Them!!!


I must have done a little to much shopping because my suitcase was OVERLIMIT on the way back and I had to pay an extra $25.00! Thanks Dad!!!
The kids also made out like bandits. We went to their favorite toy store Magical Moon, and they too got spoiled! We saw Narnia, and Water Horse, and ate at Tylie's very favorite places Sizzler, and Golden Corral! It was so nice just being together and having Grandma all to ourselves for a couple of days! Thanks MOM!!
She also had the kids make Cazookies, and homemade ice cream that they shook in a bag for 5 minutes! The kids had a great time making and eating the goods! Don't they look yummy?

On Friday Roland and Michelle took us to the Celebration Center. It is a big place with rides and lots to do for the family. Stan Checketts owns it. For those of you in Vegas who are probably not familiar with that name. Stan is the one who invented the rides on top of the Stratosphere. And they were made in Logan, Utah. So he has a big place now, with some of his rides and lots of other stuff! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for such a fun evening!

Here's me showing my strength! But for some reason it kept saying WHIMPY!! Silly machine! It must have been malfunctioning that night!!



And last, but certainly not least, we went around to the many cemeteries our loved ones are buried in and visited their graves. It was nice, and Thanks to my mom and Chelsey for helping me search the whole Logan cemetery until we found my friend Rian's grave. It was nice to be able to go there and pay my respects to him! Also probably the hardest thing about moving away was leaving my baby buried there! Here we are at his grave! We love you Tate!!! My kids wrote him these letters, and I laminated them and put them on his grave!


The trip home was a long one, in the plane with a sinus infection! But as you can see it was all worth it! We love our family! Thanks for all the fun!!! Thanks mom and dad for being so hospitable!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Busy Week
Posted by annilee at Monday, May 26, 2008




2 comments:
what an great thing that you got to do and see so many things and enjoy your family and friends!
sorry to hear you got the sickies - feel better soon :)
oh Crap! LONG blog. i don't know who has the longest blog, you or Sarah. Anyways, Welcome Back. Hope your feeling better. Missed you.
Post a Comment