
K so I have saved this post for a while, because it is kind of a long story, and I have a hard time sitting down long enough to write a big ol post! Well as you all know by now my Tylie is a huge animal lover! We have had "Kitty" (the black cat) for 13 years we took her in pretty much right after we got married. She was really little and very sick. Our trashy neighbors just picked up one day and moved and left behind a litter of kittens. I swore I would never let an animal in the house, (probably some of my OCD kicking in again)! Anyway, she made her way into our hearts, and she is still alive and kicking. She actually would prefer to be outside, so she is outside most of the time. Usually just comes in to eat or sleep.
Cole then brought home "Kidder" (big black dog) as a puppy. I had been at girls camp and much to my dismay, there was a little, stinky, poopy puppy in my garage! Tylie was about 1 at that time. Her and her dad loved him, but I just couldn't get over him shredding garbage in the back yard, or jumping up on me when he was excited. I pretty much couldn't stand him. He never really was a barker, which I am grateful for because I have "issues" with barking dogs! Anyway we still have Kidderdog, and I now have to say, I don't know what we will ever do without him! He is so good, never jumps, has never had an accident in the house, and well I guess you could say he is a huge part of our family. He too is not always in the house, but when it is this hot here, I can't help but let him in! Usually during the day it is just him and I! And if you ask my dad, he is "just one of the grand kids"!
So this leads me to the story of Milo! We got little Milo when we lived in Hyde Park. "Kitty" really does not like kids, and Tylie had wanted a kitten forever. My friends Cat had kittens and when they were ready to be away from their mom she called me. We went over there, and Milo instantly jumped up into Tylie's arms and it was love at first sight! I have many great pictures of her with him, but my scanner is not co-operating so this is the only one I could come up with! Anyway long story short when we moved to Las Vegas, we really didn't know where we would be living, and the thought of moving with 3 animals was a little overwhelming! Also Milo, loved it there with all the open land, and he had a little stray friend that would wait every night on the porch for him knowing that is when we put him out! Then they would go play all night together, and Milo would be by the back door every morning waiting to come in. So we explained to Ty, that he would probably be better off staying there. The people who bought our house agreed to keep him. And even though it was hard to leave we knew he was happy!
Well looking back that was probably one of the worst decisions as parents we have ever made! Any time Tylie wrote a story in school it was about Milo (and not a happy one), every time we went back to Utah, she wanted to go get Milo, and so on and so on! It started to really break my heart! He really was a great sport about being "dressed up", and sitting still while she combed his hair with a water bottle or playing house with her and her friends. Everyone loved Milo!
So a few months ago my sister, Rachelle called and told me her cat just had a "Milo"!
Before she was able to say much, I told her absolutely NOT! We still had Koda and there is no way! Well after Skylar and I talked about him taking Koda back home to Utah, I thought I was back to a very sane life! 2 kids, and 2 animals! PERFECT!!! Well let's just say after Tylie, my mom, and Rachelle kept insisting that Milo was meant to be here, Cole and I like the suckers we are finally gave in! We had some struggles getting him here. But when we went to Sandy on our last trip we finally picked him up! Thanks to Bill and Dixie for housing him for those few days! It was kind of a pain for all involved, but I do have to say I think it was the right decision! Tylie is soooo in love with him. He does look a lot like the first Milo, and has such a great disposition! Yes Cody, he still has a leash when he goes outside! Because we don't trust him to stay around yet! He has already been "dressed up" a time or two, groomed with a water bottle, and he goes just about every where Tylie does! I tried to get her to name him M.J. for Milo junior, but she insisted on Milo! Kitty hates him, and now pretty much lives outside! And Kidder is very nice to him, but you can tell he is like "great another annoying critter around here"! If you would of told me I would have 3 animals at one time, I would of told you that you're crazy! But I have learned being a parent, has made me do many things I swore I would never do! But just for the record, there is officially no more room at the INN!!! 

And here he is totally annoying the other two!
He has gone after Kidder's ball a few times, but I think he is slowly learning not such a great idea!!!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Mr. Milo
Posted by annilee at Wednesday, July 23, 2008




0 comments:
Post a Comment