Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Living with OCD!!!

A few weeks ago, some friends of ours moved into their NEW, ginormous, beautiful mansion in the subdivision, I still dream about building in! Maybe some day! If this crazy housing market would rebound! But that's another post for another day! Now mind you the house she moved in was also huge and very very nice. They decided to try renting it out as a vacation rental to see how that would be for a while. It has actually ended up so far so good! The first people she had were "hippies" who were all about peace, love, and a little Rock and Roll! As long as she could get over the burning of the incense it was all good. And then after that she got a bible study group in there. And the money is great so hopefully it keeps working out for them!

Well she found out very last minute that she had to be out, and needed to have all of the rooms completely furnished in order to be ready to rent it. So let's just say she was in panic mode! She had asked me a while back if I would sell her my living room couches, and I told her I probably would. I have never really loved them. I bought them from Peter when I moved in to the "yellow mafia house". Sorry for those of you who are not familiar with our last house. It was a really cool old house that was about 5,000 square feet all together. And we just always called it the "mafia" house. It reminded us of a house you would see in the movies, and that is just what we named it! So anyway when I told her I would sell it, I thought I would have a little time to look for me some furniture to replace it. Well it all happened so fast, and she really needed it (like within a day). So I just told her to take it, we never really use that room anyway, and surely I could find something soon! No worries! But she knows me just as well as I do. And she said "Yeah until your OCD kicks in"! And I hate to admit it, but she was right. After a few days of walking past an empty room with no furniture in it, It was driving me CRAZY!! And even though I will admit to some obsessive compulsiveness, if you ask my husband he will lead you to believe it is worse than it really is! Seriously whats wrong with not being able to go on vacation until the vacuum lines are in the carpet! (O.k. that's a whole other story! )

So I was officially ON THE HUNT! After going to many furniture stores, and being jerked around by many salesman, I was frustrated! Nobody stuck to their advertised price. There was always a catch! So I decided I would stop at that place by Target, that just opened, and as fast as they opened they are now going out of business. Ya know one of those places who have been going out of business for 5 months now! Anyway I knew what I was looking for, and believe it or not THEY HAD IT! And without any of the run around, I ended up getting it much cheaper than at Ashley furniture. And it is even more beautiful when you get a deal on it! Right? So now I can say Thanks Sherri, for making me sell the other! Because I really LOVE the outcome! And she says it worked perfect for her rental! So we are both happy!!! So what do you think? Although they are much more beautiful on person. Pictures do not do them justice!


1 comments:

Marci said...

I love the couches very cute.