Sunday, August 02, 2009

Fear Factor

The kids have been to so many birthday parties this summer. You would think they would be partied out! But they never seem to be. Every time they get a new invitation, they can't wait to rub it into each other. A friend of mine had a party for her little girl, and they were both invited. It was a fear factor themed party, and they had a blast! I didn't think Tylie would even participate, because she won't even try "normal" food. She is so picky, and so I didn't think if it was a food involved challenge that she would even participate. But much to my surprise she did! The kids even thought there was real worms in this spaghetti, and I was amazed that they still dug into it face first all for the sake of a team point! They had to get 5 worms out, and they were all very happy to find out they were only rubber worms!




There were many challenges, one of them was to roll the dice, and depending on the number, that is how many bites of dog food you had to take. It's funny how the mind plays tricks on you. Because they thought it was dog food, some would not even do it. And some did, but were dry heaving the ENTIRE time. Ended up it was only pieces of ham. It was very creative, and so fun to watch! And then they ended the party with the way most of us celebrate here in Las Vegas in 110 degree weather! In the pool! And Toni made all of the kids these shirts, because she knew it would get messy! Such a cute party idea!!!




And Dad, the reason you don't see Tylie in any of these pictures, is because while the other kids were diving off the side doing many crazy tricks. Tylie was content just playing it safe in the shallow end of the pool. Just like her mommy! My dad will get a chuckle out of that, because I used to do the exact same thing. While my family was always out being brave, and jumping off the diving board. I would just stay on the steps of the pool in the shallow end, so long that my toes would be bloody when I got out! I never really did like the water, and so my dad had the theory that he would make me brave, by grabbing me, and making me jump in with him. Which just made me hate it worse! If you ask him, he will tell you I still claim child abuse to this very day! Love ya DAD!!!

0 comments: