Thanks to the world of blogging, I have had the chance to stumble upon and get a small glimpse into the lives of some pretty amazing, and inspirational people. Some I don't even know, and some I do. Although some people may view this as voyeurism, I see it in a completely different light. There is a certain comfort to me in knowing, I am not alone in many aspects of my life. I love hearing about and rejoicing with others and the accomplishments in their lives or the lives of their children! Especially some that because of the busy and all to fast track of life, I may have unfortunately lost all contact with. But Thanks to the world of blogging and even social networking, I have been able to not only catch up with old friends, but to stay up to date on their families, their whereabouts and even maybe meet up with them a time or two! I have a friend that we tease all the time because she has every number in her phone from about everyone she ever went to high school with. And although we tease her alot! That is something I admire very much about her! Because she always realized the importance of such people in her life, and didn't let time or life interfere, like most of us do. And even though she is very busy and successful in her own life, she still takes the time to call and keep up with every single one of them.
Many of the blogs, I stumble upon have been the source of much crafting, cooking, and creativity in our home that we would never have had! They have also been great teaching tools for my kids as I teach them about love, life, and sometimes even death. We have followed, prayed and grieved for people we have never even met. And have also been blessed and inspired by so many on a daily basis. It has been fun to also stumble upon people of differen't religion's and way's of life! I love seeing the world through others eyes! Although some may view blogs as a way of bragging or showing off, and I am not denying I have stumbled upon a few myself, where I have quickly formed the same opinion. I think it is all about perspective. Every one has their own style, and way of portraying things, and that's the beauty of blogging. Some may lay their whole heart and soul out for the rest of us to read, while others may use their blog as a way to record their daily, monthly, (or for some I know) yearly events! Ha Ha, I won't name any names! Many people I know use their blog mainly for journaling purposes or for family that is far away. Choosing to leave the negative, more personal, or heartfelt details to ink on the pages of that journal they have tucked far far away meant for their eyes only with a double lock on it, and the key hidden even farther away!
I have to admit, I am one of those people! Some may even view me as a "bragger"! And although I do agree, I have a wonderful life and usually have a hard time not recognizing the blessings, I am given on a daily basis. Because the good has always outweighed the bad! I am also faced with hurt, stress, worry, money issues, insecurities,feelings of unworthiness, and everything else most of us face on a daily basis as well. Sometimes I feel like many would not be able to understand the sickness and trials I have already faced and still continue to battle in my young life! So I guess for the most part, I have always kept those feelings quite guarded. People who fortunately haven't had to face some of the life changing events I have, don't always understand, and are usually some of the first to form judgment upon me or my decisions. Which I guess is why I choose to save many of the "details" for those closest to me or the inner most private pages of my journal.
Which makes me admire those even more who are comfortable enough to share their feelings, and every day sometimes even raw emotions with the rest of us! That's what makes it great! I wish I could be more like that! It's enlightening to learn, rejoice, celebrate, grieve, and just be able to be there for each other as new and old friends! Which in a rambling all over the place (because that's the way I do my best thinking) type of way leads me to this....
I ran onto this blog just yesterday. It is a young family from Utah who is unfortunately currently experiencing the worst thing we all fear as parents. And then I came across this blog which just proves that so much good can come through the wonderful community of blogging! A donor has pledged to give $2.oo to the Abbott family for every comment that is left on her blog stating that they will also get the word out about this young family who is right now facing the unknown. Just link both of the above links on your own blog, and you could donate by good works alone! Although I'm sure if we all even sent in our extra change lurking around, it would help as well! Good reason to clean out our couch cushions, and cars is the way I see it! If we all give what we can, what a difference we can make in a sweet little girls life!
I will never forget the day I felt sorry for myself as I anxiously waited in the waiting room of Primary Children's hospital for my own son to get out of surgery. In my mind things couldn't be much worse, we still had so many worries and obstacles to face with Teigen's eyes. It wasn't until I recognized a very familiar face also waiting in that same waiting room, but this brave mother who I already had so much admiration for, wasn't just waiting to know if her son's eyes would be fixed or not. And this was by far not the first or even the last time she would wait, not knowing if the bone marrow took, not knowing if "this" would be the last surgery or maybe even the last day that she would be able to spend with her baby girl. I will never forget the fear in her eyes and the concern on her face as she selflessly took the time to visit with and encourage us as we all waited...that day. And suddenly the news I was waiting to receive seemed so trivial compared to the life changing news this mother had to wait for each and every time her baby went into surgery. I will never forget viewing sweet, almost 8 year old Taylor, in her casket with a crown neatly placed on her bald head that seemed so very fitting for the sweet princess of god she was! And so significant of the brave battle she fought here on this earth. I vowed that day to never take this life for granite. To hold the one's I love even tighter, and to do all I can to lighten the load of others when they are faced with such unbearable burdens! After burying my own son way to soon, and watching Taylor's sweet family go through so so much more than any family should ever have too! But at the same time watching as friends, church members, community, and even strangers rallied around with one thing in common. And that was to help a family in need! It made my heart happy! I love this! I love when people rally together with true compassion and hope to help carry the burden of another. We can all help! Be it big or small! God Bless the Abbott family and all those faced with cancer. Cancer Sucks!
P.S. And speaking about blogs, and the wonderful things that can come through them... Did you see Nie Nie on Oprah? Talk about living proof! What an inspiring family and story!!!
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Please Read...
Posted by annilee at Thursday, October 08, 2009




6 comments:
You are such a sweetheart and I totally look up to you and admire you! Thanks for being a great example to me!
I copied and pasted a paragraph from your post...hope you don't mind. I couldn't have said it any better! Great post!
I don't mind at all Megan, as long as the word get's out! Although I did change some wording after this was originally posted so just check and see which works better! Thanks!
And Thanks Syd! I love and admire you too! You have a great attitude and outlook on life which has already and will continue to take you far!!!
I have never read your blog and thought that you were bragging :) I think that a lot of us try to focus on the positive things in our lives and I feel the same way you do about discussing pain or some of the negative things in life, I typically avoid it because I am afraid that it will come across wrong. But I love reading the blogs where the authors can open up and discuss those feelings/ topics in so much more of an eloquent way than I ever could.
What a great post! And btw, Nie was amazing on Oprah, she truly is such an inspiration.
AJ - I am always amazed at what you find time to do and how big your heart is. I am glad I have you as a friend!
AJ - I am always amazed at what you find time to do and how big your heart is. I am glad I have you as a friend!
Post a Comment