Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lady Antebellum - I Run to You



this picture was taken last thanksgiving
while we enjoyed the luxury of a Vegas buffet

wow how fast a year can pass
and life can change

i know i have expressed
my heartache of moving
and leaving all i had behind

and there is something
just not complete about
spending the holidays
without extended family

this will be the first
christmas away

it is not easy

yet i realize how
blessed i am to have
my little family
with me always

i am so thankful for my
dear husband who works
so hard to try to make
things better

my world keeps spinning faster
into a new disaster so i run 2 you

i am thankful for cole
and all the slack he
had to pick up for
in these times

i run to him everyday
and he never let's me down

i am thankful for so many
things, even in the dark
depths of depression i
have been fighting

i run my life
or is it running me
i run from my past
i run to fast or to
slow it seems

4 me this is the hardest
part... my past i can't
even look at pictures
without loosing it anymore

but i am blessed
i am carried
i am protected
i am loved

and on this thanksgiving
i will put my focus on
these things

i am thankful for his
kind boss and his sweet wife
4 inviting us up to their
beautiful estate on thanksgiving

it is the little things that
matter the most

but I would be nothing
without my better half
and i always run to him


i am thankful for all of your
listening ears in my time of need
so many who have been there
you know who you are

i am blessed with 3 beautiful
children and one who cheers
me on from above and i cherish
the moments i feel him close

my heart is full
and i love my better half
more and more everyday!

5 comments:

Tara said...

You hang in there...you're better than you know!!

emilydeardeuff said...

You have lots more that just your kids and hubby cheering you on! I love you too! You are wonderful! I am thankful to be cousins! (:

Joni said...

Love the song, love this post, love you. Happy Thanksgiving girl!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving, hang in there you are such a great lady.

jessica said...

Praying so hard for you...I wish I could come out there and see you. One of these days! So good to talk to you the other day and I meant what I said, please, please call me anytime! Love ya :)