O.k. so who plays FIVE softball games in 108 degree weather back to back??? UMMMM yeah that would be my husband! As always me being the responsible one of the family informed him that was a very irrational and very irresponsible decision, but of course..... he did it anyway! Rationalizing that he hasn't played ball in 2 years he will be just fine!!! So we packed him a cooler full of water, and on his way he went! I had lots to do that day so I was going about my busy day... Until I get a phone call and it was my husband (who I could barely understand) and through the panic and tears I knew something was terribly wrong! Especially the tears!!! We have been married 13 years and I can promise you I can count on one hand the times he has cried! In fact I give him crap all the time. I tell him if he can't cry during extreme home makeover, he has no heart!!! I instantly went into panic mode and didn't even know where he was!!! He was calling from his car saying he can't feel his hands or legs and his throat was closing off! He was having cramps all over his body, and could hardly talk! I finally got out of him, he was on Pecos and Cheyenne! Well for those of you not from here, it wasn't just a hop skip and a jump away! And being that some friends of mine were in town for a funeral, they had my car! Of course!!! That's the way we roll at the Griffin house! If it's not one thing it's ANOTHER! Anyway so I told him to call 911, and that I would also because he was blacking out! I was hysterical! I called Sherri, because I knew she had a teenage daughter who could come sit with my kids! And she drove me out there! She played the calm counselor position very well, as I was hysterical, thinking my husband was going to die!!! I didn't know if we would arrive and they would already have taken him or what to expect! But when we got there he was still in his car with the air on. They had ice packed him and taken all his stats and determined his electrolytes were at a deadly level. So they made him drink some MAGIC drink, and he instantly started coming back! When we got there he had white stuff all over him everywhere! I thought it was maybe something the paramedics put on him. But come to find out it was his sweat that pretty much crystallized! That's the only way to explain it! It was really kind of gross, but I felt so bad for him. So after lots of hugs and kisses, and I could see my husband was going to make it!!!! I pulled out the I TOLD YOU SO!!!! They didn't make him go to the hospital, they said if his temp had been even 1 degree higher they would of. So we brought him home and throughout the night he had bad cramping all over his body. (Apparently that happens when you get soooo de-hydrated). He has laid on the couch all day and is really sore. But I am glad to report my husband will be fine!!! Thanks to Sherri for keeping rational on the way there! And for being such a great friend! I love my husband and hope to have him around for many many many more years to come!!! And today I am emotionally drained!!! I guess the moral of the story is............ DON"T PLAY BALL 5 GAMES IN A ROW IN 108 DEGREE WEATHER!!! DUHHH! Seriously, who does that???
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Posted by annilee at Sunday, September 09, 2007




6 comments:
Oh man that sucks! Poor crystalized sweaty guy! That is scary and no joking matter. Lesson learned . DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!!
Oh my gosh, Annilee. That is just SCARY. I'm SO glad that he's going to be ok. What is it about men that make them think they are indestructable????
Yeah, I married a guy who would do that too =) Oh yeah...I married COLE'S BROTHER!
Okay, like you really need anymore drama in your life? Doesn't Cole know you have a lot going on these days? Little stinker :) I am glad he's OK. Love ya
Men think they are so macho and nothing can happen to them and they don't need mother hen to tell them what to do. Hope he is okay
Oh, that's so scary, I'm so sorry you had to get a phone call like that! Of course it would be when you didn't have your car! I'm glad he's okay, talk about a whole lotta drama for a lil game--or 4 or 5!
Post a Comment