Sunday, February 10, 2008

Not Again!!!

I love the seventh day of the week! SUNDAY is always slow, calm, and relaxing (well unless we have church at 9:00) which we currently do not! Now that we have no family around we pretty much do nothing on Sundays. We really miss Sunday dinners at the Griffin house! But today my husband has barely moved from the couch! Not only because it's sunday, but because we had another softball traumatic day on Saturday! Not quite as bad as the last one. No ambulance involved this time. He had a tournament in Pahrump and according to him, I was one of the only bad wives who didn't go! (Well he didn't quite say it like that!) I know how long those things can be, and seriously a whole day in PAHRUMP! UMMMM No Thank You! So I dropped him off early so he could car pool with some of his friends! And to give me some credit, I had to get up at like 6:30 to get him there, and that is a sacrifice in itself! Then I dropped him off somewhere in the boonies off Durango so I must kind of care for him right? Anyway the last thing I said to him is don't get hurt!!! Seeing how there has been alot of softball injuries on his team lately, and he isn't getting any younger! Which now he claims I totally jinxed him! So half way through the day I get THE CALL!

Cole- "Hon what's the chances of you coming to get me?"
Me- "WHY DID YOU GET HURT?"
Cole- "Um yeah kind of"
Me- "WHAT"S WRONG, WHAT DID YOU DO?"
Cole- "I think I tore something, it's bad"
Me- "SO DO YOU NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL"
Cole- "Maybe"
Me-"NICE"!

So basically after alot of back and forth, he determined he wasn't going right away, and he would be o.k. until the games were over, since I wasn't really jumping at the chance to drive all the way there! And some of his teammates would bring him home! Little did he know they would keep winning, and he wouldn't get home until 10:00 last night! I have to admit, I really really didn't want to drive to Pahrump, and I was kind of a little ticked off that he was hurt! I KNOW I KNOW that sounds really cold hearted, and if it were any worse I would of, but let me explain. I love Cole to do what he loves to do, but he has played alot of ball in his young life, and so far has been really lucky! And he is currently on this die hard team, of where it is all or nothing! They are seriously DIE HARDS ! And my dear husband is not getting any younger, but still tries to play like he has nothing to lose! But I keep reminding him, he is the bread winner of the family, and the best DADDY around! And if he is hurt so are we all! And not just that, but Teigen is getting old enough and starting with his own ball games, which will be taking alot of time now! So at some point "DADDY" has to grow up! And I can't have both of "MY BOYS" gone or injured all of the time!!! So I will be making my husband an appointment for tomorrow, and I guess we will see what the damage is! And in the mean time BEGGING him to retire! But at least for now, he is ALL MINE or at least until he can walk again!!! And this is the position he has been in all day long on the couch! And to all the haters...in my defense even though I am still being bitter, and maybe haven't babied him like I should! I made him breakfast, lunch, and if he's lucky he will get dinner! I even got him drugs, and a heating pad! Seriously it is bad enough to have him sick, or injured, but some things are PREVENTABLE!!!

Here are some injuries from the past... ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
If you look really close, you can see every stitch from the ball!

And once again, look close and you will see the bump on his leg, the size of a softball!

3 comments:

Jerolyn said...

K Darin is 45. He loves softball. He has however come to terms with the fact that at this age it's great fun to play on a team that's not so hard core...."WE" did that for a lot of years. So now he plays on a team with guys who range in age from like 19 to like 60....And they win which is the fun part. and no one gets hurt or dies like a guy did on an old team of his...
right there on the pitching mound...DEAD as a door knob!

So tell Cole there is life after DIE HARD softball...and it's funner! less injuries, less medical bills! anyway you look at it's goooooood!

annilee said...

Thanks Jerolyn! Enough said right? At least you feel my pain!

chris jenkins said...

i think it's great that the hubby still stays active - that's awesome but i do agree they shouldn't almost kill themselves doing it!

hope he gets better soon!