
My cute sister-in-law called me last night and we talked about what a horrible day she had the day before. Long story short, she has 3 kids under 6 and all within a day she had a whole bottle of liquid Tide dumped on the floor, a freshly baked and frosted cake smeared all over the fridge and cupboards and to top it off her cute little 4 year old, that is just recovering from last years "HAIR escapade", just cut off most of her hair while Amy was in the shower! So after the tears, came the laughter, and I was telling her I totally remember those days, and although Tylie did cut her bangs once, it was never really that bad. And at least Teigen never did, because his hair is what we all LOVED about him as a baby. His hair is what he was known by. Most people couldn't pronounce his name, so they all referred to him as "The cute little boy with the curly hair" Those long blond curls were the topic of conversation on a daily basis. No matter where we went people always had to stop me and touch it or comment on it! He got his thick curly hair from his mama. People used to stop my mom when I was little and she even used to get asked if my hair was a wig! And in kindergarten I got lice, because everyone played with my hair! NICE I know! That was the end of that! And my mom loves to remind me, even I, (the perfect child) played barber shop. I had a friend who's mom was a beautician, and she gave my long thick red hair a nice short cut! It actually wasn't that bad, from what I remember. And we were the cleanest little beauticians you had ever seen. After we were done we even swept it up and put it all in the garbage can! We were so proud of ourselves, and couldn't understand why our mom's weren't quite so PROUD! And then there's my sister who cut Stetson's hair, forgetting Skylar had just shaved his head with those same clippers, and within an instant she realized there was no turning back after she took one big swipe of his beautiful blond hair, that also took a LONG time to grow in! So last night I let Amy know, that unfortunately it happens to the best of us. And as we discussed the pure joys of motherhood, I let her know how much easier and less chaotic it gets as they get older.
So think of the shock on my face tonight when my 8 year old (Yes that would be Teigen), comes in and says, "Mom I had to cut my hair it was just bugging me"! So as calm as I could be, I asked him to show me, and although this may not look like much to you all....... he not only cut his hair, he took daddy's electric RAZOR to it! And as thick as his hair is now, the only way to fix it, is to pretty much shave it all off! Or at least the sides, and maybe we can still salvage some curls on top! So the moral of my story is..... Never say Never!!! All we could do was laugh, and that just made it worse, because we all know Teigen hates it when you laugh at him! So Thanks for the earlier poll on his hair. I did take the overwhelming advice to grow it out.... and well let's just say, that lasted long!!! The picture really does not do it justice, but the other side is even worse!!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Karma
Posted by annilee at Thursday, September 25, 2008




6 comments:
Wow. That's a good look! ha ha! I love that he took it upon himself to fix it! Ahhh motherhood! You are a great mom!
How funny that you were just talking about it with Amy. Julie Jorgensen also played beauty shop with me when I was little and gave me a nice little cut with her Kindergarten scissors. We thought it was so cute but our parents didn't.
He has always had cute curly locks. At least he's a boy so you could shave it and he still would look fine.
ummmm I change my vote to cut it!haha
Hi Annilee! Thanks for visiting my blog & commenting too! I was so excited to get a new visitor. I'm sure we'll be seeing Teigen with a fabulous new buzz cut on Sunday. Bummer! I can relate to what you said about his hair as a baby. Our little Ben, though his hair is not as curly or as thick as Teigen's, but blond & curly nonetheless, gets comments everywhere we go. It amazes me the number of complete strangers who just have to touch his hair. I feel so popular when I'm out & about with Ben. Everyone pays attention to us. We have had a few hair-cutting escapades in our house as well, but thankfully none with Ben up to this point. Just one of the joys & excitements of motherhood, I guess.
I heard the attitude lines of the 80's were coming back... So he's ahead of the fashion trend. At least it will grow quickly.:)
That picture of Tegien is soooo cute! I hear you on it gets easier in some ways when they get older, but I am so afraid I will miss my little ones when they grow. For as much work as they are they are 10 times more fun!!! Now having said that, you are champ the way you handled his hair cutting. I have a feeling if/when it happens to my kids, I will be in tears, especially my little girl. The recovery on a girl is so much longer. By the way I am glad you migrane is gone and good luck at the dentist next week.
Post a Comment