So we took our annual trip to Pine Valley this weekend, and it definitely did not disappoint! It was so nice to see some of our family, and we really missed those who could not make it! The best part about it all is that my kids got to play with their cousins, which they really, really miss doing these days! And we no longer take those tender moments for granite! It was also nice to just sit around and do nothing, and really not feel to bad about it! That's what a true vacation is all about right???
It was so nice to see everyone, and it was also fun to see Summer and Megan's ever growing tummies! They both look great (see picture below)! We ate LOTS of yummy food, thanks to Michelle the wonderful cook, and we even enjoyed the ever coveted, only once a year meal at the Branding Iron. The best steak house in Utah! Teigen is so much like his dad in so many ways, but the number one similarity between the two is.... the way to that poor child's heart is purely through his stomach! And so he always looks forward to all of the great food and wonderful cooking! He has been talking about those "REALLY YUMMY brown things with something that looks like snow on top" for months leading up to our trip. And for the life of me, I could not remember, or figure out what he was talking about! Well as soon as we got there he was telling Grandma Shell about them, and was a little disappointed they were not there. And it only took her a second to figure out, what I have been racking my brain over for months! It was these little brownie bites she had last year, sprinkled in a little powdered sugar! So although they didn't have them this time, and she even went down to St. George, and searched for them just to please Teigen. Unfortunately she could not find them, but you can dare bet that next year the brownie bites will make an appearance, I'm sure of it!!! Silly boy!
And even though we got a lot of R&R in, we also did our fair share of shopping! The boys went golfing, and the girls went for a little "Retail Therapy" if you know what I mean! And I decided today that I need to "splurge"on some nice jeans a little more often, because that is just what I did this trip and today I got asked in the grocery store if I was a celebrity!!! Who knows, maybe that guy uses that pick up line on many women, but I got a good laugh out of it, and decided it must have been the jeans!!! We also made it to Tai Pan and the damage was under $100.00! Now you might be thinking "BIG DEAL ANNILEE", but seriously for me, my husband, and my checkbook that is quite an accomplishment! Right Cole???
It was so nice to see Mason, and he is always so generous and welcoming to our ever expanding family! He was also nice enough to saddle up his horse, and let Tylie have her way after she sulked for a while! He says the only time the horse get's ridden is once a year, every time we come! She is getting old, but she was great with the kiddo's and Tylie was brave enough to take the reigns (is that what you call them?) All by herself! And she LOVED every minute of it! So THANKS Mason, you are the best!!! All the kids absolutely adore Mason!
Timber and Bryce are getting soooo big and are absolutely darling! And I really missed seeing my Stetsie! Good thing I talk to him almost every day! And it was so nice being able to visit with Michelle, Summer, Kim, Cassidy, Amy and Megan! I'm always up for a little girl talk! It was also so nice seeing Alexa, Jeremiah, and Ted once again! It seems like we were just at Alexa's wedding and now she has a beautiful baby!
We brought our laptop, and as you can see from the pictures, they all enjoyed watching movies, Cole and Ben maybe even a little to much! We saw lots of deer and almost even hit one! (Thank Goodness we didn't)! We stayed at the Pine Valley Lodge and Teigen loved sleeping in the log bunk beds! Tylie stayed the whole time at the cabin with her cousins, and poor Amy had to listen to the giggling girls all night every night!!! Sorry Amy!
The weather was perfect, and so was the company! Thanks to Roland and Michelle for all they did for us this weekend! They are always so generous and it is obvious how much they dearly love their family! And we feel the same!! Can't wait until next year! Hopefully we can ALL make it then! But until then... enjoy the pictures!!! Sorry there is a lot of the kids on the horse, but It was a PROUD mom moment! I just couldn't help myself.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Pine Valley 2008
Posted by annilee at Monday, October 20, 2008







4 comments:
Looks like so much fun! All the kids are getting so big! Tylie is practically a woman!
I envy you, it looks like so much fun!
I want to see the hot jeans! Glad you had a good time. See you this weekend.
I love Pine Valley! It is the cutest little town. Looks like you had a fun time.
Post a Comment