Friday, January 16, 2009

The fun is almost over...

We only have one more week left until the kids are off track break. It is going to be rough that first week I'm sure! They have gotten quite comfortable with staying up late, and sleeping in late! We have also been out of all of our sports activities for a while now. And starting next week not only will they have a full day of school and homework, but we are back to Golf, Baseball, and Karate! I told them next week just to get into the "mode" and to make the transition easier on us all, we will be back to the "school" schedule of going to bed by 9:00, and setting alarms for 7:30! Usually by now I am sooooo ready for the kids to be back in school, but this time we have had a blast, and really enjoyed each others company! I think it will actually be very hard on me! (Did I really just say that?)

So here are some pics of all of the fun we have had on track break!

We went bowling with friends...




We ate out at some fun places...



Went for Ice cream and frozen yogurt galore...


We even went to that new huge candy store in Henderson called, Candy Chemist. Not only is it a huge candy store, but the kids can put on lab coats, and make some candy creations of their own! Way Fun! Although my camera was M.I.A. that day!

Spent some time at the Golf Course...


And in the middle of it all Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit! So we took them to The Tournament of Kings, at the Excalibur, and we all had a blast! You eat a whole chicken dinner with your fingers, like they did in the Mid Evil Times! And then they put on quite a show, with Knights, Kings, Princesses, and of course a great sword fight or two! Which Teigen absolutely loved. And Tylie couldn't get enough of all of the beautiful horses in the show! For all of you Las Vegas "locals", I would highly recommend going! They are running a deal for locals that is buy 1 get one free! You can't beat that! For dinner, and a wonderful night out!





And of course after the show they ever so strategically exit you into the arcade...so what does Mr. Griffin, the pushover do??? Spends lots of money trying to win them the perfect toy! And it was a success! Tylie got her horses, and Teigen got lot's of junk!!! (I freakin hate these type of places, I usually just bribe the kids if they don't play I will just go buy them a toy!)


And we made our fair share of visits to Pet Smart! Yeah thats where my kids like to hang! Funny huh? And I always have to give Tylie the "Talk" before we go in! Ya know the one about, Don't ask to adopt or take home any animal whatsoever or we can not go back! I know, I am a mean mom! She already got her Milo, and that is quite enough for now! Although she always tells me that when she moves out, she will have one of everything in her house! Serioulsy, I have a Dr. Doolittle on my hands! Here she is talking to the rats... NO REALLY!





We also watched The Forgotten Carols on dvd way to many times to count! Let's just say I could repeat it word for word!!! My kids La-Huv it!




And we definitely played our fair share of games, the favorites probably being, Uno Attack, and Scene It, Sponge Bob addition! Just ask me a question about Sponge Bob!!! And I'm sure I know the answer! But one game Tylie loves to play, and I don't so much is chess. But Grandpa Roly shares her love of chess, so everytime they get together, this is what they do...

Now can you see why it will be hard to go back? I just love my kiddo's and as they get older, it gets even better to do things together as a family! It was so nice to see Grandma and Grandpa, even it if was very quick!


And Summer had her baby today! She had to be taken via C-section at the last minute but, momma and baby are doing well! She weighed 8 lbs. 7oz. Congratulations to Kim, and Summer!

3 comments:

*Chelsey* said...

Three things! First--since when have you EVER stayed up past 9:00pm? Second--I just sent you a text message and why aren't you answering? It's Friday night and it's only 1am in Vegas! Third--Tell Cole that first picture of him in the green shirt resembles Cody and Dad from the back! Love you Cole--

Jessica said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Fun to hang out everyday. I like to hang with my kids right now too.

Joni said...

It looks like you guys have had a great time, it is always so hard to get back to the grind after having so much fun!