Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Marley and Me

marley&me.


We have seen quite a few movies over the Christmas/Track Break. Some of our favorites were Bedtime Stories, and The tale of Despereaux! We went as a family to Marley and Me, and although a friend did warn me to bring tissues, she didn't warn me that it would cause the snot all over, until I ran out of tissues kind of cry! With mascara streaming and smeared all over my face kind of cry! The kind of cry where grown men in the theater sounded like little girls, who can't get your breath kind of cry!!! All I can say is it was a wonderful show! About the circle of life, that pretty much anyone can relate to! We used to have that annoying little puppy who would chew up all of the diapers in the back yard, and who at one point I was ready to give away. But that annoying little puppy over the years has made his way into all of our hearts, (even Grandpa's) which is a miracle in itself! And we pretty much don't go anywhere without him! Sometimes he does things, and I swear he has the mind of a human! But we love this dog, and watching him age has been hard, although he is 13 years old, and still doing very well for his age! There was a part in the movie where he no longer could make it upstairs to their room to sleep at night where he always did, and this has happened a time or two to us, and that is about the time I lost it, and never regained composure! So my warning to all of you is.. If you have an older, aging dog who is part of the family, who you would be devastated if you lost, DON'T SEE THIS SHOW!!! We cried like babies for quite a while after, and then went home and cuddled our favorite dog! And Teigen told us on the way home, that he never wants to see that show again!!! (He has always had a difficult time with anything death related)!




3 comments:

Becca said...

I had heard it was a real tear jerker, thanks for the warning.

Kerri said...

I'm not a huge dog lover, but I fear it will make me weep.

*Chelsey* said...

Who doesn't love Kidder Dog? Maybe Koda will eventually grow on Skylar =)