Monday, March 30, 2009

Get Away


This weekend we took a little get away to Phoenix, Arizona. Cole had a softball tournament there, so we decided we would turn it into a much welcomed get away. After sitting in the house for 4 days with Teigen, we were all ready for it. And although Teigen still wasn't quite up to par, I figured we could sit in a nice hotel room or by the pool, just as easy as we could cooped up in our house! It ended up being a long day at the softball diamonds on Saturday, and normally the kids love hanging out at softball games, running around with other kids, or riding their scooters. But this is how Teigen spent most of the time! Asleep in the shade under a tree! Poor kid!



And the dog by him, was the cutest stray dog. That had been hanging around the ball diamond for hours that day. All the kids were feeding it, and taking care of it. And then as Teigen was asleep it went right up by him, laid down, and fell asleep. Of course Tylie (the animal whisperer) was busy in the meantime concocting a plan to bring it home, and rescue it! And when she found out that was just not possible. Let's just say there were many tears that followed. It really was the nicest dog, it's a good thing we weren't even close to home, because I admit I felt just as bad!
But there is nothing like a swim in the pool to help a kid perk up, and put a smile on his face!






It was a good time. I had never been to Arizona, and it was a beautiful place. Although today, I have loads of laundry to do, and am very sunburned, and tired from the long drive home. I won't complain! After all, I could be in Cache Valley getting snowed on! Seriously, I can't believe it snowed there again! BLAH! I truly sympathize for all of my Cache Valley peeps! Maybe a good reason to come and visit???

2 comments:

Nicole Earl said...

Yeah, thanks for that! I need a nice warm get away too! The snow is making me very grumpy!

*Chelsey* said...

I am glad you guys were able to go after all! Yeah, I bet you are insanely jealous of all the snow we have again. We are supposed to get 4-5 inches tonight!! Did somebody not get the memo that the first day of Spring was OVER a week ago??

PS-have you ever clicked on the Girl Hairdos and Ideas link on my blog? You need to check it out for Ty Jan. Maybe someone I will have a girl too!