Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring fun!



We spent this weekend enjoying the beautiful weather, attending Easter Egg Hunts, and entertaining company. Rich, and Autumn came to visit, and we had a great time with them. Cole, Rich, and Teigen went to some ballgames at Cashman field, while us girls enjoyed some "girl time" together! We then met at Rio Secco for our annual Easter Egg Hunt, that never disappoints! They even had the adult Egg Hunt again, and I learned that it is never a good idea to slip your shoes off, and enter the mass confusion, and totally competitive atmosphere of us unruly adults! Or you will definitely get your toes smashed! OUCHY! Although Lauren did get a gift certificate to a good restaurant out of it! All I got was some candy, I really didn't need! But it was worth it anyway!

After we moved up here, we learned of this magnificent FREE (that is the key word), Easter Egg Hunt. It is just for the Seven Hills residents. They have face painting, bounce houses, cotton candy, popcorn, and snow cones. It has now become our "annual" Easter tradition. It's the next best thing to missing Grandma's annual hunt! My friends keep telling me, I can never move from this area! Given the many great "perks' we get from living here. And Rich, and Autumn were great sports! I'm sure the last thing they wanted to do in Vegas was go there! So Thanks to them! And thanks to my "girls" and their cute kiddo's for making it extra fun!

On Monday night some friends invited us over for a "special" Easter family home evening. Toni, and her family put together the best lesson to explain the Easter season to the kids, through a little indoor Easter egg hunt. The eggs were numbered, and filled with items that were coordinated with scriptures to teach the Easter story! The kids loved it! We then had a wonderful ham dinner, with dead man's potatoes! (Funeral Potatoes)! Thanks Chris for the new name! After that we finished off the night with a flashlight Easter Egg Hunt! It was perfect because Shawna lives next to some vacant lots, so they had a large area to search for and really "hunt" for the eggs! The kids loved the flashlight idea, and were excited that there were even some money e$$s! So they spent the whole time after opening each egg to see who was in the money! Tylie was sooooo excited for the flashlight hunt, and then by the time it hit, she was soooo sick! She didn't even get to participate, and spent the rest of the night on the couch! The kids were all so good to her after! They all gave her some of their eggs, and she ended up with the most money eggs! Go figure! At least we are on Spring break, and then track break after that. So she won't have to miss the time off school that Teigen unfortunately did! But I hope she gets better soon, because we have lots more fun planned!

3 comments:

*Chelsey* said...

Yay! Looks like you guys had fun. Now poor Rich is back to hitting the grindstone with me. Poor guy!! I was wondering when you were ever going to blog again! I hope you and Ty start feeling better!! Love you

Trevor and Sydnee Foulger said...

Hey! Sorry that we weren't able to see you guys this weekend! Kent said that you were having people already over. We will definitely have to get together soon though! You guys all look great. Happy Easter!!!!

Joni said...

I just love Easter! Looks like a ton of fun, I'm so jealous of the sunny weather you are having!!!!