Thursday, March 05, 2009

The perfect list



About a month ago, Tylie and I were driving in the car, and she asked me what made me fall in love with daddy. I always love any opportunity I get with her for a good talk like this, and here is my chance. She knows I love to talk about anything and everything, when it comes to love, her day at school, or just the daily things she will have to eventually face at some point in her life. And because I do talk a lot, she usually doesn't ask me much because she knows she will have hard time getting away! And she doesn't have a very long attention span for anything, so eventually she gets bored of our conversations, and just wants to be done! She likes most things short, sweet, and straight to the point! She also lets me know quite frequently that I ask her way to many questions! (Can you see the pre-teen attitude setting in)? But thats a mothers job right?

I usually feel really good about the day if I get any info about her day at all! But it is usually late at night (when she is avoiding bedtime), or in the car that these type of conversations take place. And I cherish this time alone with her! So I let her know just a few of the MANY things that swept me off my feet about her dad. We talked about how well he treated his mom and family, and to me that was a big deal. We also talked about how religion is very important, because married couples already have enough bumps and hurdles to face, and then if they have the whole religion topic to face on top of that, it can take a toll on any marriage. I also told her I always knew he would be a great father, because he loved babies! Even at a young age, (you saw how young we were when we first got married... seriously!) He was never scared of babies or children. In fact it was the opposite he would usually seek them out in a room filled with adults, and was always so great with them! ( Maybe why that's why we always get put in Primary)! I also let her know that just because mom did it, that it is not O.k. to get married at 18!

And I went on to list many others, as she giggled and listened to the dating stories and experiences we had. But it was one of those conversations I walked away from knowing that we both got a lot out of it. And that was all that mattered!

Tylie is a very goal and detail oriented girl. She loves to make lists of all kinds, and loves to plan things down to every detail. (She didn't get that from me, that would be all her Grandma J.T.)! Usually she makes these lists at night when she is having a hard time sleeping which happens a lot! Another thing she got from her grandma! They are alike in so many ways! And that is a good thing! When I went in to her room last night to tuck her in I saw that she had a notebook and pen by her side, but that isn't anything out of the norm. So today as I am cleaning her room I find this...



and I am LOL at the same time thinking, I'm glad she got something out of our heart to heart. But seriously she is only 10 years old! I guess it's good she is starting now to prepare, but does this mean I am doomed! Oh yeah and even though she didn't get this one from me, (how could I forget)??? But please always make sure your guy has a drivers license! She will probably kill me, but I just had to share! If any of you have more qualifications for "her list" let us know, we would love to hear them!

12 comments:

Jen Jensen said...

What a sweet little girl... you are doing a good job! I can't believe she's 10, my the time does fly! That is funny we share the same anniversary!

Becca said...

Drivers License-
Your guy is no good without that, it is to hard to be wined and dined on a two-wheeler!

*Chelsey* said...

I LOVE this!! That's so awesome she is already so boy crazy...who does she get that from?

annilee said...

What's funny about it all is that really she isn't to boy crazy yet. She has lots of boys that are friends because of the tomboy side of her, but when they call she usually tells them she doesn't want to talk! If only she will stay that straight forward!

jessica said...

That was so cute to read about! I love it!!! You are a great Mom and what a sweet little girl you're raising :)

Joni said...

That list is adorable! Love the DL requirement! You're a great mom and it sounds like you and Cole have set an amazing example for your kids about what love, marriage and relationships should be about. Kudos to you!

Cassidy said...

wierd enough but this made me cry. I am such a boob. What a cute girl. I need one.

Angie said...

That is hilarious! Good luck the fun years are just around the corner!!! BELIEVE ME

Anonymous said...

How funny! What a sweetheart, I look forward to talks like that with Ada. I can't believe she made a list. Save it so you can share it on the day she gets married.

Jerolyn said...

Annilee that list is so cute! How fun will that be to read years from now? LOVE IT!

Erin said...

I love it. I love that she says, "if you're over 16". Yes, a driver's license is helpful in picking a husband...it's a good thing you gave her other things to make her criteria a little more specific! This is so funny, what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

You are a fabulous mom! I hope when Jacey gets that age, she is as smart as Tylie! We both know that a driver's license is defintely required. Give her hugs from us!