I used to wonder when my kids were little if it was even worth going to church, because not only were we all usually very crabby by the time we walked into the building from all of the chaos involved in getting ready and getting there. But then once we got there we never really got to listen to much because we were chasing them around, and half the time one of us would end up just leaving with one child or the other! I kept saying " I just can't wait until they get bigger" then maybe it will be better! Well I have to say I do get more out of the lessons now! Because at this point we are able to go our own ways. But seriously! Is it only our house that on Sunday mornings is totally filled with lot's of whining, bickering, and complaining! Even still! Usually by the time I do get to church it takes a little while to make sure my heart is in the right place! Because not to long before, I wanted to WRING MY KIDS NECKS! And that's putting it nicely! Thank Goodness by the time we leave we are usually all a little more enlightened! And the day can only get better from there!
Here's the little angels as we speak! Hope your morning was better than mine!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Sunday Madness
Posted by annilee at Sunday, March 15, 2009




6 comments:
I hear you! I am so glad to hear that it's not just my house. I thought for sure there was something wrong with us. Just this morning Matt asked if it was really worth all the craziness just to go fight them for 3 more hours. But in the end we are always glad we went, because we to usually get a little something out of the lesson. Good to hear that hopefully it will get easier when they get older.
LOL oh come on girl you're not giving me any hope! I always complain to Jason on how I feel inactive ever since Ada could crawl. It's always something with the kids, missing classes and walking out of sacrament going "who talked today... and about what again"? Well I guess I can look forward to the days they can at least get ready on their own. :0) BTW we're coming up to vegas next month, we should meet up.
Our Sunday mornings are usually pretty good because Stets LOVES to get ready to go to nursery. The only problem is when we get to church and we remind him that Sacrament meeting is first...that's when all heck breaks loose...
PS- Stetson leaves his tie on better than Skylar does though!
I feel like when I'm packing the church bag I'm just putting things in there to entertain them. And when they get bored with those few things, they turn to mom to help the remainder of the hour pass by. They are old enough now that they should just sit and listen, but NOOOOOO! At least I can get rid of them for 2 of the 3 hours. LOL:)
You are so not alone. Lane thinks its a great game to see how soon they can make mom start yelling.
Post a Comment