One of the many perks of living in Las Vegas is there is always something going on, and many times it is FREE! We have made many great friends, and it really is all in who you know! Usually between all of us girls, we get many invites, or tickets to such events, sometimes very last minute, but if we can we try and always make it. I figure we live here, we might as well get out and experience this town! Like I said in a previous post a friend of ours just started a new show at the Hilton called "Voices". So we had the chance to go see that the other night. It stars Earl Turner, and Lani Misalucha. It was wonderful! I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Las Vegas. Here we are with Earl, he was very nice. And Lani was beautiful, with an amazing voice! We even found out later that she is LDS. Even cooler!
And then my neighbor, who I carpool with and have gotten to be great friends with, used to be married to Gordie Brown. He was touring all last year with Celine Dion, but he just got back to Vegas, and now headlines at the Golden Nugget, on Fremont Street. So we rounded up the girls, and made a night out of it. The show was AMAZING! He can sing and impersonate almost anyone! And he is so funny to top it off! It was a wonderful show, and then we went backstage and met him, and hung out for a little while! I told him we really should of met by now, seeing that I take his kids to school everyday! As always it was a great night out with the girls! I can't believe I have lived here over 3 years, and have never been to Fremont Street! That place was hoppin! Very Cool! This first picture was kind of funny. We asked a cute guy out front if he would take our picture. And even though he must of been in a hurry he was very nice, and took it. And then said, "see ya at the show". Which I thought was kind of weird. And then after sitting there for a while, we realized the keyboard player on stage was him! WOW, do we feel dumb! And we thought we were cutting it close by getting there! Ha Ha, Good times! He even said he would frame our picture, and put it up on his wall of celebs! Ya Uh Huh, we'll just see about that!


Thursday, May 07, 2009
Viva Las Vegas
Posted by annilee at Thursday, May 07, 2009




2 comments:
Fun! I've always been meaning to ask you what took you to Vegas? And I saw that guy when he was with Celine in February. He was hilarious! Glad you get to get out and do so much fun stuff!
I don't go to Vegas without going to Fremont St, it is one of my favorites because of the light show and the "old" Vegas feel that it still has. Looks like tons of fun, I'm glad you are taking advantage of the perks!
Post a Comment