Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thoughts...

“Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey … delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.”
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


A little way down on the right, I added a list of the blogs, I love to read! They are such an inspiration to me! I got this quote from Jason's blog, and although I'm sure many of you have probably read most of them, take some time, make sure to have some kleenex nearby, and I hope your heart is as full as mine! I have many more, and will be adding them soon. It is amazing the trials so many of us have in life, but what is more amazing to me...is the amazing ability these people have in helping so many others through their journey's, acknowledging god's hand in all things, and always looking at the bright side! I like to check in, frequently, because I ALWAYS walk away feeling inspired!

4 comments:

Brit said...

Ditto. I love that quote and definitely needed to hear it today. thanks!

Jeannie said...

That is probably my favorite quote of all time! I had it up on my wall all through college.

Joni said...

Great post! I also love that quote and try to live by it, that is the mentality that we should all have. Thanks for the reminder!

Summer said...

I have that quote on the inside front page of my scriptures (yes, I still have mine). I put it there recently after he made that quote in seminary class. I have always been a sucker for a good quote and couldn't resist writing it permanently in my scriptures.