Monday, September 28, 2009

I checked out for a while...

Migraine is a neurological syndrome characterized by altered bodily perceptions, severe headaches, and nausea. Physiologically, the migraine headache is a neurological condition more common to women than to men. The word migraine was borrowed from Old French migraigne (originally as "megrim", but respelled in 1777 on a contemporary French model). The French term derived from a vulgar pronunciation of the Late Latin word hemicrania, itself based on Greek hemikrania, from Greek roots for "half" and "skull".
a). It will also completely and udderly destroy your life! Especially if you have it for over 2 weeks!
b). It will make you question your sanity, and ability to be a good wife and mother!
C). It will leave you in the hospital hooked up to IV's begging for more, because that is the ONLY thing that helps.
d). You will want to hide in a cave, or a very large black hole! And beg and plead with everyone around to just leave you alone.
e.) It will leave you relying on friends and neighbors to help out with your kids, and for a mother that is easier said than done!
f). But most of all it is very annoying, and seriously, who has 2 weeks to just waste away? Not me! It is something you would never wish upon your worst enemy!

So as you can see, I added my own definition to the end. But this is what I have been up to for the last couple of weeks. So not what I had planned! I am slowly starting to feel better, and move on and hopefully catch up with life. But for those around me, especially my own family...I am sorry! Thanks to the friends who helped me out! And Cole, I know the blessings helped! Thanks Babe!

2 comments:

Joni said...

I'm so sorry, I get them too and know how bad they can impede ones life. Sometimes I wonder if they are just a reminder to be grateful for all of the days that I feel great and don't have to deal with them! I'm glad you are doing better!

annilee said...

Joni, I completely agree! I am feeling great today, and could not be more grateful!!!