At 6:00 in the evening, she got mad, I heard the door slam (how could you not), and if my ears weren't mistaking me, I think she even proclaimed her undying hate for me! And then her dad followed her up the stairs, and very calmly informed her that if the door slammed like that ever again, he was going to take it off the hinges, and she will no longer have a door to slam! (Kind of clever if you ask me) An hour passed, and when I went in to check on her this is what I found...
She is dead asleep in this picture! But I decided I am a lot like Tylie in the sense that, I can go from being upset with her to totally, and completely in love with this girl in 0.5 seconds! I got a giggle out of this, and then crawled in next to her, smothered her in kisses and quietly assured her that no matter what she does or says in these difficult tween years...I will always love her guts! Personally, I don't even think this was about homework, but that she was so tired to begin with. Oh the hard life of a middle schooler! She had to have this sleep mask in Claires one day. I thought it would be another "junk" purchase, but she literally sleeps with it every night! And Milo too! Silly girl! I'm sure my mom loves to hear stories like these, because after all... I NEVER slammed a door in my life! :)
Monday, December 14, 2009
Speaking of the Tweens...
Posted by annilee at Monday, December 14, 2009




8 comments:
I hear ya! Totally sounds like my house and I'm really in for it with 3 girls :) Oh boy! I'm not sure I'm ready for all this. Love the pictures.
Oh I totally got my door taken off when I was her age!! Those are some rough years! She's so lucky to have you as a Mom :)
So cute! What a wonderful mother you are!
You and your hubby are such good parents, you both totally handled that great. She is a doll and I LOVE the sleep mask!
I don't know about wonderful mother! Because not all breakdowns go quite that smooth! And yes Shireen, you are soooo in for it! I always say I could handle 4 more boys on top of my one girl! She is a handful, good thing I adore her!
haha if my mom had a dollar for every time i did somthing like this when i was that age she would be retired! good luck! Brennan hopes we oly have boys! haha
What a doll she is!
I love her mask... I need one... oh wait there is no one here to disturb me.... LOL.... Soo cute and fit her mood at the time too, I am sure!!!! She is soo cute!! It is soo good you can understand her!!!
Post a Comment