I think it was New Years of this year 2014 that I decided I may be able to wholeheartedly blog again. It may have been awhile but life has definitely moved on. After moving to St. George, Utah just over a year ago, I am in a much better place. Not only am I in a better place, but my wonderful dad and beautiful Aunts lawsuits that we were very heavily involved in have now been resolved, and so nothing I do or say can harm them in any way. Unfortunately my amazing Aunt earned her angel wings just after fighting so hard to reclaim herself, and her relatively new freedom. She is now exactly where she always talked about living, in the presence of God. I love her, and I now have another angel watching over and protecting me. And my dad is very healthy and doing much better after being hit by a car 3 years ago. And as for me, well like I said I am doing so good and I am exactly where I need to be.
We have been so busy enjoying our new life as a family, and readjusting to the "life" we had once known, that I almost forgot I had a blog. And besides who blogs these days anyway? I decided I do! I have just recently read some very inspiring blogs, and it reminded of the reason I even started blogging. I was once inspired by a very talented girl in Las Vegas named Chris Jenkins. I know Chris still has a blog and it is still wonderful. I also started blogging in Las Vegas to keep my friends and family informed as to what was going on in our crazy, beautiful life. I loved to blog, but when my life took a downward turn after many moves, illnesses, and drama I felt it would just be best to quit. Not only was everything I was feeling pretty negative, I also found that many who did not have my best interests at heart, or the guts to call me directly to find out what was on my mind were reading my blog. And because of such negativity, I felt it was better to just be quiet.
When we moved to St. George I had hoped for somewhat of a new beginning, but in such a short time it has been so much more. It is such a beautiful place in every way. The sun is almost always shining, and many of the people here carry that same glow. As I have pondered this last year in my head all I can reflect on is happy times. That always bring a smile to my face. As I scroll through the pictures I find myself smiling... ALOT. That alone is huge! As most of you know, I love to take pictures. As I scroll through them over the years, I can tell you exactly how I was doing and feeling at that particular moment. And to have a full year full of only great memories is quite an accomplishment, if you have any idea what we have been through for the last few years before that.
I am almost confident we are here to stay forever. Like actually ready to plant roots, meet our neighbors and live in happiness together forever. As we all know life is not always the fairy tales we once believed in. But trust me when I say if you are surrounded by positive people, friends, and family who truly have no agenda, but just for you to be happy it is much easier. I love Mr. Griffin (my better half) more than I could ever put into words. He has truly carried my life and heart on his shoulders for far to long, and this is why he is and will always be the keeper of my heart. I simply adore him. And I have the best teenage kids a girl could ask for. They are some of my very best friends too. It is so fun now to go anywhere as a family, and simply enjoy each others company. Not only do I have great teenagers, but I may just soon be that parent who drives around with the "My child is an honor roll student" stickers plastered all over my car. Because they have both recently been hitting honor roll which is a huge accomplishment for them both. They both love school and all the many other things of their new lives here. It is these little things that have also accompanied our new found happiness. The little, simple, normal, things of life. The things we have fought so hard to get back.
![]()









.jpg)

I want every one I know that I hurt or offended or hurt during this time of weakness in my life, I am truly sorry. And I also have nothing but love and forgiveness for those who hurt me deeply, while I was in such a fragile state. I am better because of it, and for that I am thankful. A good friend of mine once told me, whenever she hears the song "I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you ain't never gonna get me down" she thinks of me. So when I hear it in the car I have to turn it up loud and remind myself! I have friends who are family, and family who are friends. I am thankful for everyone I have ever met or befriended because at some point in my life they have made me a better person. I am so thankful for the angels who for a while carried me on a daily basis, and of course to the good Lord for always giving me tender mercies at the times I did not think I could go on anymore. I am excited to start blogging again, and I ask the haters who are here for drama to please just find somewhere else to go. Because this here is my life and you are so not welcome.
I am going to blog my style, which is short simple, and to the point. Can't wait to join all you wonderful bloggers again!! I will leave you with some fun pictures of the last year. XO Annilee
1 comments:
Hi cute girl! I just happened to click on your blog for the first time in a couple years! I was pretty sure I was the only one around who still blogs...Haha :) glad you are back & doing so well! We need to make a trip to St. George one of these days! Love ya!
Post a Comment