Friday, October 10, 2008

Smitten

I was clearing out pictures from my camera, and I ran across this......

I just recently joined facebook, and it has been fun getting reacquainted with old, classmates and seeing what they are up to 15 years down the road. (Yeah, I know I'm getting old)! Anyway as I have gone down that "High School" road again, I have often wondered to myself, "What would I have done different?" Well... there are many things I can think of that, I would have done differently. Although I do believe that it is some of those "life lessons" in my tender High School years that molded me, and hopefully made me a better person today! But I wasn't a total failure, and I think I have to say that one of the best and wisest choices, I ever made was choosing this man as my spouse! We were High School sweethearts, and I fell HARD right of the bat for him! Unlike most of the guys I had dated, I could never find any faults with him, and he really knew how to ROMANCE a girl, and he smelt nice too, and well his looks.... (See picture above)! What can I say???? Now with many years of wisdom and marriage under my belt, I can now understand why everyone was telling me 18 was much to young to be married, and I try to now pass that on, myself to any 18 year old who is willing to listen to me! Believe me, my kids hear it all the time! And my friends teenage daughter, finally told me "SHE GET'S IT enough already Annilee!!!" But Somewhere along the way, I got LUCKY, and fate stepped in. And now that I am a little "older" and "wiser" I realize that some of my qualifications have changed in what I want for a husband, and for some crazy reason, he changes with me, and has never let me down. Although I can no longer say "He has no faults", I am not perfect either!!! But we have slowly learned how to handle each other! And slap each other back into place! And we have definitely had our share of "Hard Times", and bumps in the road, O.k. so maybe even some LARGE boulders! But we have always overcome, and that's what I am most proud of!!! I fall deeper every day! I could not be more proud than to be married to this man! I love you Cole!!
I know, I know, I am sounding a little like TAMN at Seriously So Blessed! But no, SERIOUSLY!!! I am so blessed to call this man my husband! And I am proud of the fact that in March we will have been married 14 years!!! And have no doubt it will be many, many more!!!
O.k. I'm officially finished so.... you can go throw-up now!!!

3 comments:

*Chelsey* said...

So sweet!! Too bad I married the better looking brother though...=)

Jessica said...

I remember when you and Cole were high schhol sweethearts-so cute!

Sydney said...

that is so sweet-- love it!