Saturday, March 27, 2010

Am I being dramatic?



i learned at a very
young age...

when faced with
adversity, or
tough decisions

make a list
and hopefully
the good will
outweigh the
bad

so here's my list

Bad...
1. i miss the mountains
2. i miss the sun
3. i miss my neighbors
4. i miss all the golf events
5. i miss my friends...the one's
at my house cleaning right now to
get my house "rental ready", the
one's who told me to go and they
would take care of it all, the one's
i have called at least a million
and one times to meet a contractor
or help sell my furniture. you know
those friends...the irreplaceable kind!
oh how i miss them!
6. i miss routine
7. i miss our ward
8. i miss my family
(i know weird, since
i didn't live by them
in the first place,somehow
just knowing we
were a days drive away
helped, i guess)feels like
i miss them even more!
9. i miss lunch with friends
and late night movies.
10. i miss our doctor when
ty is having her worst allergy
attack yet, curse you Oklahoma!
11. i miss life as i knew
it!
12. i miss knowing where to get
my hair done, or find a great
hole in the wall store that sells
all my favorite knock-offs!
13. we miss Milo! (even
Cole, just don't ask him
about it or he will be
forced to lie)
teigen told me he has
been telling heavenly
father every night that
he is part of our family...
and he needs to come home!
14. oh and did i say my friends?
15. i miss getting last minute
FREE tickets to many grand events
in vegas! i miss vegas!

Good...
1. sonic just down the road,
to accommodate my newly acquired
multiple times a day caffeine
fix! oh sonic how i love thee!

2. my family...minus Milo :(

7 comments:

brenda said...

first let me tell you how much fun it has been following your blog...second hang in there you have had so many adventures since I last seen you. Five years ago? And you are one of the most amazing people I know. You can do it even if you have to spend more time on your knees then standing in one day.

jessica said...

Oh Annilee! I wish I was there to give you a hug and just talk! Change is so hard...hang in there :) And no you're not dramatic!!! Call me if you want to chat :)

Amy Brindley said...

Well, said Brenda. You are not being dramatic, I feel for you. It will get easier, and you will get through this rough couple of months. You are a strong, fun, and very capable gal. Keep pluggin away at the positive!

Anonymous said...

No, you're not being dramatic. Change is so hard. I wonder what your list will look like in 6 months or a year. Keep trucking! You'll do great in Oklahoma. You'd do great anywhere. Love you.

Joni said...

Not dramatic at all... Change is hard especially when you had things so good in Vegas. It's going to be a huge adjustment, but you will get to a new "normal" eventually. I'm sorry about Milo, I would literally be devastated if either of my furbabies went missing. I will pray for his safe return home too!

annilee said...

Things will get better...with people like you! Thanks for all your comments! They mean alot, and I have taken in every word of advice! Love you all!

Nick & Tiffany said...

I feel your pain. We are relocating to OKC from Denver and it is already a hard adjustment just visiting there. Maybe we will be in the same ward and we can commiserate together. Good Luck!